Thursday

Letter of Support from Fairfield Street

November 8, 2006
Hi Bill,
I have to express my regret for what that MAN OF THE CLOTH (hah) put you through but congratulate you on the strength you've shown in coming forward to put truth to all those rumors we'd heard, way back when, around the Park.

I congratulate you also for being the first to bring this situation to light and having this animal removed from his position in the Park. And now your strength has also started the move to have that black name removed from street signs. First you got rid of him and now you've come back to get rid of the name.

On behalf of my wife Georgia, and myself, plus I suppose I can assume I speak for many others, a hearty THANK YOU for the kind of man you've become.

I'd always admired your prowess as a football player and athlete but this calling goes far beyond all your other accomplishments.

Ken & Georgia Crawley.

Ken was Bill's football coach in Greenfield Park in 1963. They have agreed to share this very personal letter with all. To me, Ken's use of "calling" is the perfect choice of words!