Sunday

Victim #23 ~ Jim Bird

November 10, 2006
I just finished Dave Houle’s account and it’s like looking into the mirror.
In my case I had come home from Boarding School and my parents called the church and Father B agreed to give me private counseling to be confirmed.
The only problem, he was more concerned about my privates than the counseling. This counseling came to a rapid halt when he tried to put his hands down my pants, just like he tried with Dave Houle.
I too was confirmed into the glorious kingdom of the Anglican Church. I guess I was one of the lucky ones who chalked it up to one of life's experiences and never went back to that Church.
To Bill Knight, Bonne Courage, and to anyone else in the same boat It feels good to unload.
If any of you need to talk, Mike has my E-mail Address.
If you wish the company of someone who was also victimized, when going to see Rev. Linda Chalk at St. Paul’s, I am there for you.
Your friend
Jim Bird