Sunday

Open Letter to Most Reverend Andrew Hutchison, Primate and Archbishop of Canada, The Anglican Church of Canada

Calgary, Alberta

November 11, 2006

Most Reverend Andrew Hutchison
Primate of Canada
The Anglican Church of Canada
80 Hayden Street
Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 3G2

Via E-mail primate@national.anglican.ca

OPEN LETTER
Dear Sir,

As one of an untold number of Victims at the hand of the late Anglican priest, Canon Bockus, after almost half a century, I deserve straight up and transparent answers. I want and deserve peace and grace before I die.

For almost five decades, my life and my family’s life has been severely impacted because of the Anglican Church of Canada’s direct inability to accept responsibility for his actions.

If the Church had moved swiftly to correct the damage, we are certain my Mother would not have committed suicide.

With prompt professional counseling, the Church could have minimized the damage I felt by losing my childhood innocence.

It is certain I would not have married five times, abused alcohol, and lived a horrible life of shame and guilt, forever in a continuing downward spiral.

Since your Church has destroyed my life, as Head of this body, please finally accept the responsibility, for I deserve answers to the following questions as part of my recovery process:

1. We have been advised by the Rev. Linda Faith-Chalk of St. Paul’s in Greenfield park, Quebec, (where my life was destroyed by your Church), that counseling is available. What exactly, in your own words, does this offer entail?

2 Further, since I have no faith in The Anglican Church of Canada, especially after ignoring me for almost half a century despite being the victim who complained, forcing Bockus’ removal from our Church, will you arrange and pay for outside professional care of my own choosing, for as long as it is professionally deemed required?

4. Bockus sexually abused me and many others at St. Paul’s Anglican Church in my home town of Greenfield Park, Quebec, his sixth parish posting. Bishop Maguire relieved him from this posting. Why was Bockus moved to more parishes when he was a known pedophile?

5. Did the Anglican Church of Canada know he was a pedophile when he was moved to our parish of St. Paul’s?

6. Why did the Church bestow the honourary title of Canon on a known pedophile, or did the Church hide the truth from his new Diocese?

7. Can this title be removed posthumously to satisfy the Victims, and hopefully of course, yourself?

8. Where is Bockus’ file?

9. Can I see Bockus’ file?

10. Since the Anglican Church of Canada, and yourself as Primate, have known for years that there are Victims in need of professional help, why has there not been a concerted effort to find me and the others through the media?

As difficult as these questions may be to answer, I deem every one can be and deserves a complete and transparent answer.

I anxiously await your reply.

There are dozens of other Victims also anxiously awaiting the Truth from you, desperately requiring the help from the Church that abandoned them as children, with their innocence horribly stolen, up to fifty years ago. In that regard, please carbon copy your reply to GPKVictims@hotmail.com so that the webmaster of the site, “GPK Victims ~ After 50 Years, Finally Breaking the Chains!”, can post it immediately for their information.

Yours in Christ,

Bill Knight
A life damaged by an Anglican priest